My experiences about Cranfield MBA ..... and beyond

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The countdown has begun

Slowly the feeling is sinking in……..burning eyes, sleepy faces, lost looks, tense brows. Yes, the exams are coming closer.

Over my long career, I had thought I have become immune to stress. Cranfield MBA is testing me exactly on this attribute and I have reasons to believe that my confidence is shaking. We continue with our classes till the coming Friday and write five exams in less than three days starting next Monday. That gives us just over 48 hours for revision of 3 months course for five subjects. Need I say more?

In the Marketing class today Moira gave away a few light-hearted surprise awards for the recently concluded SMS presentations. Mathew Neville (Britain) got the prize for making our professor dance to “chicken – tunes” (refer my earlier posting). He received a soft “chicken” toy as a replica to the Nando’s chicken that he and the group presented on. Charles Sincock (Britain) got the prize for the GI Joe who left some people heart-broken – he received a hand-made card showing a broken heart. Roy Masamba (Zimbabwe) received the foot-in-the-mouth prize for Porsche – and he received a dinky Porsche car. The satellite beaming of Warren Mei (China) received the Harry-Potter-time-turner award and the gift was a beautiful hour glass. And last but not the least, Andrew Cox (Britain) got the “best actor – tough customer” award. He received a small bronze oscar for his magnificent performance – in the class as well as in the presentation. She also gave away some books through lucky draw. So much for a wonderful Marketing professor.

As Moira stood there, wishing us good luck for the exams, the reality hit me – now I know why my eyes burn and people notice the blank look on my face - the countdown had begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home