My experiences about Cranfield MBA ..... and beyond

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What on Earth is happening!!!

Whosoever told me that Term 3 would be lighter than the first two was simply playing a joke on me. Agreed that we choose our electives; also agreed that some electives are just two day affairs. But easy? No way!
Suddenly, we all have become experts at using outlook calendar. Not only are we juggling with our respective lectures, we are all spread around in different teams for different electives and trying to work on respective assignments. And add to all this chaos the full time job of searching for a job.
While I am going through the pains, you can only imagine my schedule of Term 3. Let me share a sample picture. To begin with, I am lucky enough to be involved in just two teams currently. One is a six member team working on the Business Check Up project and the other is a seven member team working on the group report for Being a Director (BAD). And none of the other members in thee two teams are the same. Add to this a list of my individual assignments - report on Supply Chain Management, log book on Personal Awareness, readings for the lecture on Business Law tomorrow, preparation for the Strategy exam next week and loads of stuff to read for my independent project with Unilever. And today evening I accepted another important assignment along with yet another completely new team of 7. An assignment which will continue till end July and is not part of the MBA course; an assignment where I and a few other volunteers will try to capture our memories of Cranfield into a life long memento.
I think I AM CRAZY.
But the strange part is that I am consciously taking such decisions. I am stretching myself to the hilt. Why?
Simple reason - this year happens only once for me. It is the safest environment to test myself. I am not competing with anyone else except myself. So even if I fumble, I will still learn. I am trying to unfold myself and find out my own abilities and limitations. And I am also beginning to dread the day when I will have to leave this place that I am madly in love with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home