My experiences about Cranfield MBA ..... and beyond

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Made it!

The power of network prevailed, yet again. A Cranfield alumni has been instrumental in my securing a fantastic career opportunity. My strange and uncanny track record continues - in the coming days, I start in my new job in an industry absolutely new to me - my 7th job in the 7th industry.

Could I have imagined making a foray into Financial Services? Honestly, no. Yet, it has happened - all because an alum saw a role in her organisation, reached out to me to check my interest and then recommended my candidature. After 5 rounds of interviews and a successful outcome, I can safely say, "whatever happens, happens for good!"

Ironically, the paradox of choices also happens at strange times. I have received another job offer from a bank, based on a direct application on their careers website. So, the two unusually powerful channels that I mentioned about have worked for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home