My experiences about Cranfield MBA ..... and beyond

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The "R" word - my personal experience!

Over the period of 2008 - 2009, the "R" word has perhaps become the most dreaded word. Not only did it cast its web far and wide globally, it created a massive cloud of fear over even those who survived it. In case you are still wondering, I am talking about "redundancy".

I faced the first such experience in my life earlier in 2009. As a double whammy, my wife was the recipient of redundancy too almost at the same time. "Life was tough" - is perhaps the understatement of my lifetime now.

There are many lessons in life that one learns only by going through them and for me, redundancy was one such lesson. Unfortunately, my Cranfield MBA program could never have taught me how to deal with redundancy, and I pray no one finds the need ever to learn this lesson.
Yet, from a remote corner of my heart, a voice calls out and says, "No! Everyone in their lifetime should actually go through such an experience (at least once)".

No, I am not being a sadist. I say this because the lesson is priceless because it is the most vigorous "wake up" call one can ever experience, as it was for me. This was the time, when I felt once again, the value of a close knit family, the dependability of real friends and the rekindling of financial sense. And above all of this, the power of your network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home