My experiences about Cranfield MBA ..... and beyond

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Time will tell ....

The day started with Prof. Cliff Bowman taking us through the content and process of Strategy. During the class I was forced to concede to myself that I liked to think that "I know what strategy is and I can do a great job working on it". But Strategy actually goes much much deeper than my shallow understanding.
This belief of "I know enough" was eroded as Prof. Bowman took us through the cycle of strategy and also discussed the meaning of synergy.
This was followed by a lecture on Entrepreneurship by Mary Creagh. We were informed that an entrepreneurial tradition started at Cranfield with Robert Wright (FTMBA 1981) and has continued ever since. Each year, a number of graduating MBAs start their own ventures. In fact the outgoing 2004 year group has a few such entreprenuers. One of them, Rodica Druc, is developing her idea to bring health-care professionals from Eastern and Central Europe to the UK, as there is a shortage of health-care assistants here.
I am sure there are sufficient entrepreneurs sitting in our class, too! Time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home